Chileshe is a MANY things:
~ BALL OF FIRE =)
I could go on and on and on!
I am amazed everyday by her smile and her sensitivity to what others are feeling. She is very observant and has a BIG heart for her sister. If Malaika is crying, Chile is crying. If Malaika is laughing, Chile is laughing. She follows her around all day long and wants to do exactly what her big sister is doing. The relationship they have is so amazing and I am praying everyday that it will only get stronger as the years progress.
Chileshe turned 1 on November 2 2011 and we celebrated with a piece of pie that Grandma and Appa Lee brought over. She was a little nervous to touch it at first but as soon as she tasted the whip cream there was no turning back. By the time her big sisters birthday came on the 8th she was able to sing the happy birthday song with us. "Hap BIR Hap BIR".
She still has her feisty side. I have mixed feeling about this feisty-ness. On one hand I love it because she can hold her own.
While at the children museum the other day she made a 3 year old little boy cry. (I know I shouldn't laugh but...HAHA) She stole his toy from him and ran away, when he tried to get them back she smacked him. Poor boy didn't have a chance. I stood back and watched the whole thing play out. I was SHOCKED! I tried to hold back my laughter as I apologized to the little boy and mom and re-directed her to another area. It is nice to know she is going to have the confidence to take care of herself in stressful situations. She is not a pushover in any sense.
The part that makes me nervous is that she is only one and already starting that independent streak. There are two words she uses strongly; NO and MOMMY. Nice right? She is also pretty rough when it comes to playing with other kids. (Malaika has some scratch scars on her face to prove it.) I try to discipline her, as much as you can discipline a one year old, I know eventually she will use that feisty side for good. I just feel for the poor casualties a long the way.
Here are some of the things she is saying and doing now that she is 12 months;
* Twirling - she tries to mimic what Malaika is doing and ends up walking in a very slow circle. It is SO CUTE! She has this look on her face like she is going so fast! haha
* She likes to put her head on the ground while in the standing position. She peaks at us between her legs and giggles.
* When she laughs, she slaps her leg.
*She almost ALWAYS says thank you when you giver her something. She also says Thank you after you sneeze.
*She can say Laika, mommy, daddy, appa lee, "mama" for grandma, and I think she said grandpa the other day but she has not repeated it yet.
*She can also say; puppy, kitty, pretty, num nums, up, down peas, mickey, minnie, no, YAY, Hap BIR, Bye bye, no no, Fish, Mooooo
*She loves books and has two that are her favorite. I love how her face lights up when I open the front cover. She gets a big grin every time.
* Her favorite cartoon character is Minnie mouse. She also like Sid the science kid
* She was 30lbs 6 oz at her last apt.
* She is off formula now and drinking 2 percent milk
* She can pretty much eat anything. She LOVES grapes, beans, and Chicken breast.
* When I get the camera out she will stop and look at it and make this weird scrunched up face. LOL
* She is now sleeping in her own bed in her own room! AMAZING! I have so much more free time now that I don't have little people in my bed. Hopefully we will be just as strong with our next baby girl.
Oh yeah, did you know I was pregnant? HA! Due February 18th 2012. I guess as time progresses I get more and more behind on my blog. I will not blog about her pregnancy BUT I will blog about the delivery. Are you ready for the name? We decided on it awhile ago but Edwin forbid me from posting it on facebook. I have been good so far but it is getting harder to just call her "baby" when she has such a cool name!
Temweni Arianna Mwango
We are going to call her "Weni" (which sounds like Winnie)
Her name is a Bemba name (Edwin's tribe) and it means happiness.
I LOVE IT! We went with Arianna because both f the girls have A middle names.
FUN FUN FUN!
Well, I am sure I could go on and on but I better close before the kiddo's wake up!
~Tata for now~
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 8:55 AM
Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Chileshe is growing up so fast! I do not have a lot of time to blog these days because she is keeping me on my toes. There are so many new things she is doing I will try to make a clear list so I can remember later.
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 12:22 PM
Sunday, July 3, 2011
OH Chileshe, My sweet little dolly!
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 8:54 AM
Saturday, May 7, 2011
- Smiling - She is such a happy baby. She wakes up with a smile. I think this is one of my top ten moments with her. When I wake her up in the morning she will have a fussy face with her eyes closed, but the moment she opens her eyes and see's you this HUGE grin breaks out and she is all smiles from that moment on.
- Sisterly bond- Am I allowed to say that I am jealous of my own daughters? The bond that they have is so strong! I have a feeling they are going to team-up against me in the future so I will soak up all the sweet giggles and the ticket into the club Malaika calls "The GIRLS" Chileshe is smitten with her sister. When she walks into the room her face lights up and she starts smiling and kicking. MAlaika can make her laugh by blowing in her face or saying a funny word. I try for hours to get a giggle and it takes malaika 5 seconds. LOL What an amazing friendship they have ahead of them.
- Rolling Rolling rolling... In the 4th month she had just figured out how to tip herself from belly to back. By the end of the fifth month she can roll from the living room to the kitchen and back. If she see's a toy she can roll to it and turn to get it. She did pop up onto her knee's one time but her face implanted into the carpet and her but wiggled in the air. It was hilarious! I have the house semi-baby proofed.
- She is eating rice cereal and so far we have tried carrots, peas, green beans, mango's, and watermelon puree.
- Her favorite snack is a rice rusk and an ice cube in the little net holder thingy-ma-jig
- She grunts
- She is wearing 6-12 and 9 month clothing . There are a few funny memories to remember with her clothing. We had to cut her out of one dress. It was a little tough to get on and I could not imagine what it would be like to get her out of it so we snipped it down the middle. Ha! And another night I was zipping up a sleeper and the zipper broke. Poor baby!
- She is sleeping fairly well. She likes to take little nibbles on her bottle throughout the night. I need to find a way to break this. If you do not give her a nibble when she wants it she YELLS. (it is a yell, not a scream or a whine, a YELL!)
- She is still sleeping with me. This is one thing I can say that I am HORRIBLE at. Edwin is currently sleeping on the floor in Malaika's room. She still gets up at least once a night so he finds it easier to stay in there and direct her back into her bed to sleep. Chileshe and I sleep in the "big bed" together. She was doing okay sleeping in her bassinet until she started rolling over. I was getting less sleep because I was constantly finding her on her belly and was too scared. In the bed she does not roll over completely. One difference for her is she does not really like to be snuggled. She liked her binky and her giraffe and her blanket and she is good.
- She rolled to her binky on the floor the other day and fell asleep right there! AMAZING! Edwin and I laughed and said she will probably be the quiet one who we will find asleep underneath the bed or right by the toy box with toys in her hand. Malaika was NEVER like that so that is a fun difference to notice between them.
- SHE SAID MAMA! And I have the video to prove it!
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 7:10 AM
Monday, April 18, 2011
- "Mommy, I wish I could walk on water with me SUPER feet!"
- Laika: "Mommy , I am getting married tomorrow." Me: "Oh yeah? To who? Laika: I don't know his name. Me: Hmmmm.... Laika: Maybe it is JUSTIN BEIBER!!!! (followed by uncontrolable laughter)
- Mommy, Can I have a sucker? Me: No honey it is almost time for lunch. Laika (blinking her eyes with a sweet smile, "But mommy, I am blinking!
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 3:32 PM
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Month 2 and 3
Month 2 was a bit of a blur, I was finishing up my degree (and graduated!! Whoo hoo!) My brother came for a week to visit and see the girls and then it was Christmas and new years. WHIRLWIND!
Chileshe’s first Christmas was nice! She was so quiet Christmas eve when everyone was over that at times I forgot she was there! I kept saying, Oh yeah I have a new baby. LOL She is so calm and happy. She loved all the snuggles and her big sister liked opening double the presents!!
Chileshe looks SOOOO much like her sister. It is ridiculous! I think that is what we had the most fun comparing in these last few months. She is so much like her big sister but also SO unique and beautiful in her own way. Her features are much daintier than Malaika’s.
Malaika always had big lips and eyes and per her doctor a big head. Haha! Chileshe has the same features but smaller. Her lips are perfect and tiny, and I love how little her hands are. She also has a TON of hair. I can put the hair on the back of her head into a pony tail already.
I will make a quick list of things she is doing and things I want to remember;
Tummy time… I have NEVER seen a baby that loves tummy time like she does. She could lay there for an hour and still coo and watch her big sis. She is also very active on the floor. She has her head realing and moving from side to side. By the end of the third month she rolled over one time, just as quick as she rolled over she rolled right back on her tummy and has not done it since! (I was on the phone with my mom when she did it)
Drooling – She is a DROOL MONSTER! She doesn’t like to wear bibs so I just change her clothes at least twice a day. But that is not a huge problem since she has enough for 4 babies! I think she might teeth early because she is biting on everything.
Smiling – Yes the dimples are amazing, and YES she gets it from me! Haha! I love to see my babies smile. Chile has two big dimples on her cheeks and then two tiny ones on the corners of her mouth. She is JUST the cutest thing when she smiles.
Laughing – Edwin can get her to laugh so easily. I have to work really hard. He is definitely the “Play” parents while I am the “nurturing” one. They go to him for fun and to me when they need some snuggles
Sleeping – She is an amazing sleeper. If I sleep on the couch with her she can sleep for 8 to 10 hours. I was worried at first and would try to wake her up to feed her but I decided to just let it happen and try to sleep too. Edwin and I have decided that we are horrible at training our kids to sleep on their own. I just cannot do it yet! If I sleep without them I have so much anxiety that every noise I hear I wake up and check on them. We
Eating – She loves her bottle. She is eating 4 oz bottles right now and about half and half formula and breast milk.
She is starting to reach out and grab things . She gets so determined and makes funny faces when she is focused.
Such an easy baby, I think we are ready for just one more!
Posted by Sarah Mwango at 1:08 PM